NLP Scientist, Neurosoph
NeuroSoph is an Artificial Intelligence startup based in Edmonton, CA. Our vision is to solve problems using effective Artificial Intelligence (AI) solutions. Currently, we are working on an intelligent form processing system called Specto, for organizations and businesses. Specto seeks to address major pain points such as high volume of paper forms, high rate of human errors, and manual data entry into enterprise systems. We are well funded and have contracts that need to be fulfilled. We can provide job security while maintaining the environment and attitude of a startup.
Additionally, intelligent forms processing, is a technology that has been poorly implemented and not adapted in many business processes. While e-forms work for the technology adept, some constituents that are not techsavvy, still need to be serviced through pen and paper processes. Our goal is for Specto to adapt to our clients’ needs and as a new company we offer you the potential to grow with us. We are looking for a Data Scientist to expand our technology team.
The Data Scientist Role
You will support development efforts in the AI domain which includes machine learning (ML), optical character recognition (OCR), and natural language processing (NLP). You will implement the research teams efforts in a diverse set of challenges as we rapidly prototype and build new products. You will interact with product and engineering teams to implement solutions for customer facing software products. We will provide you with any equipment that you need.
• Translate product ideas into well-posed data science challenges, and solve them
• Design and deploy Machine Learning (ML) systems using supervised, unsupervised learning, NLP, and NLU
• Participate in the broader ML community to stay current with the latest techniques and software
• Good knowledge of image processing and computer vision techniques and/or NLP is required
• Flexibility to travel to clients throughout North America
• Competencies typically acquired through a masters or bachelor’s degree program in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related field – especially an understanding of statistics, linear algebra, and mathematical analysis.
• 3-5 years of relevant work experience in the area of machine learning and/or deep learning, including experience manipulating and analyzing unstructured data sets.
• A strong programming background – preferably with Python, but also Java, C++, or similar language – along with knowledge of standard machine learning libraries (TensorFlow, PyTorch, Caffe2, SciKit-Learn, etc.).
• A proven track record of rapid prototyping and development, leveraging open source or commercial frameworks.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with significant uncertainty.
• Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a positive mindset and attitude.
• Excellent oral communication skills are necessary
• Ability to travel to Boston to work with the team and client. Travel will be paid for by NeuroSoph.
• Ability to engage in research
Applications can be sent via email.