Junior Business Intelligence Developer, OKAKI
Founded in 2008, OKAKI is an Alberta-based public health informatics social enterprise. “OKAKI” is a Blackfoot word meaning “be wise”. The company provides comprehensive professional analytic and software services to assist our partners with managing, analyzing and using their program data to learn and improve the services they provide.
Full-time junior business intelligence developer, 1-year term with the potential for full-time permanent employment.
OKAKI is seeking a new graduate in computer science with specialization in data analytics and visualization. This should be their first business intelligence or analytics position. Applicants must be 30 years of age or younger, and a Canadian citizen or permanent resident. This position is based in Calgary or Edmonton.
The successful candidate will assist in the design and development of end to end analytic and reporting solutions, likely to support prescription drug monitoring for a health insurance customer. He/She will work on the cleaning, integration, modeling, analysis, visualization and reporting of analytic data sets.
• These are youth employment positions. Applicants must be <= 30 years of age.
• Applicants must be Canadian citizens or permanent residents.
• Position requires a home office with access to fast reliable internet.
• Criminal background check is a requirement for all new employees.
Technical Requirements (you must have these to be considered)
• Computer science degree with demonstrated interest in data science
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
• Good working knowledge of data modelling, SQL, and database design
• A demonstrated pattern of continual personal and professional development
• At least a familiarity with current concepts in data analytics
• Ability to work alone at home in a self-directed manner
• Ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team
• Ability to work under pressure with deadlines
• Experience working with Power BI or Tableau
• Experience working in Azure
If you’d love to become a part of the OKAKI family, email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.