Junior Level Data Scientist
NeuroSoph is a startup information technology (IT) services firm based in Edmonton, CA. Our vision is to solve government problems using effective Artificial Intelligence (AI) solutions. Currently, we are working on developing an intelligent form processing system for the government of Massachusetts. The intelligent forms system seeks to address major government pain points such as high volume of paper forms, high rate of human errors, and manual data entry into enterprise systems. We are well funded and have contracts that need to be fulfilled. We can provide security while maintaining the environment and attitude of a startup.
Additionally, automated forms processing is a technology that has been poorly implemented and not adapted in many government agencies and business processes. While e-forms work for the technology adept, the government has many constituents that are not tech-savvy and still needs to service them. Our goal is to offer governments an intelligent forms system that can be adapted to their needs. As a new company, we offer you the potential to grow with us.
NeuroSoph is looking for a Junior Level Data Scientist to expand its technology team.
You will support research and development efforts in the AI domain which includes machine learning (ML), optical character recognition (OCR), and natural language processing (NLP). You will apply the research efforts in a diverse set of challenges as we rapidly prototype and build new products. You will interact with product and engineering teams to implement solutions for customer facing software products. We will provide you with any equipment that you need.
- Translate product ideas into well-posed data science challenges, and solve them
- Design and deploy Machine Learning (ML) systems using supervised, unsupervised learning, NLP, and NLU
- Participate in the broader ML community to stay current with the latest techniques and software
- Good knowledge of image processing and computer vision techniques is required
- Flexibility to travel to clients throughout North America
- Competencies typically acquired through a master's or bachelor’s degree (in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or statistics) and 0-1 years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of analyzing data and a broad understanding of core statistical and ML techniques
- Expertise with Python, Java, C, or similar language, along with standard machine learning libraries
- Proven track record of rapid prototyping and development, leveraging open source or commercial frameworks (e.g., TensorFlow, DL4J, and NL4J)
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with significant uncertainty
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a positive mindset and attitude
- Ability to travel to Boston to work with the team and client. Travel will be paid for by NeuroSoph.
- Can start as on a contractor basis or a full-time basis. However, will need to be able to become full-time within a 6-month period
- Can work remotely most of the time but will need to travel “on-site” as needed
- Applications can be sent via email.